Random Books

Sunday, January 14, 2018

2 Lies And One Truth

            Everything about her was a lie. Her parents, her life, everything. Recently she found out she was adopted and her whole world was turned upside down. For 14 years she didn’t know about this and she didn’t even find out by her parents telling her, she found out from a letter in the attic.                                                                                       - - -
           Skylar climbed up into the attic, every step making a creaking noise as she went up. She reached out for the door and swung it open and went inside. Her first intent was to find art supplies for her school project, but then she found a letter that said, “to Skylar, my daughter.” She looked at the letter in astonishment, then slowly opened it. She just stared at it for a really long time. It said:

Dear Skylar,
                    I don’t know if you know about me or not, maybe you're finding out from this letter, but I’m your mother. I'm so sorry I had to leave you, but I wasn't fit to taking care of you. I got to hold you for a couple minutes when they took you from me. I couldn't do anything about it since I was too sick. I hope to meet you one day. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for you.
                                                                                               Your Loving Mother,
                                                                                                                                 Amy Collins

          Skylar looks up from reading and a single tear runs down her cheek. So many thoughts going through her head. She slowly stands up still in shock and walks downstairs."What do you got there?" Says her mom pointing at the letter. She takes it from Skylar and the color drains from her face. She immediately says, "Where did you get this!?"
          "In the attic." Skylar says. She just stares at her mom for a while and says, "You never told me? How could you! She was sick and you did nothing!"
           "But you don't know what happen-" Her mom starts.
           "I don't know what happen!? Are you actually serious?! It says it all in the letter. You should know it looks like you've seen it before..." Skylar yells. Her mom just looks at the ground in silence. The silence gets broken by a phone call. Her mom steps to take the call.
           "Hello, oh, hi. Yes. Come home soon something happen. She knows. I mean that she knows about the letter. Yea she found it. Okay just get home soon." Her mother says on the phone.
           "That was dad wasn't it. So he knew about this too and decided to not tell me anything either!" Skylar says. Just ask she's saying that her older brother, Jason, walks in.
           "What's going on here?" He says.
           "Oh, so he doesn't know either? Is he adopted too?!" Skylar says at her mom.
           "Adopted?! What's going on?" Jason says. Skylar snatches the letter from her mom's hands and gives it to Jason, who read it really fast and says, "I had no clue about any of this." Her mom tells her to come sit on the couch so they could talk.
           "Let me tell you what happen, Skylar." She says. "Your father had an affair with this lady named Amy Collins and I obviously had no idea about this, and then he told me that she was sick and about to have you so we rushed to the hospital and they gave me you. I forgave your father for what he did, but she told us to give you this letter and we just weren't ready to." Skylar just stares randomly into space, lost in her own thoughts. Then she gets up and leaves like no one else was in the room. She feels like the world is frozen and she just keeps walking and walking like there's no end. Eventually she makes it to the one place that is helpful to her now: The Police Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Time Has Come

          Dear my amazing class of 2018 and welcome everyone else to this momentous  day. We have truly all made it. Words cannot begin to ...